91) What is necessary for photo-synthesis?
(A) CO2, sunlight, carbohydrates, water
(B) Oxygen, CO2, sunlight
(C) Water, CO2, Chlorophyll, sunlight
(D) Chlorophyll, oxygen, carbohydrates
92) Bagasse a by-product of sugar manufacturing industry, is used for the production of:
93) When water boils, its temperature:
(A) Begins to increase
(B) Begins to decrease
(C) Remains constant
(D) Fluctuates around a value
94) Photosynthesis involves:
(A) Reduction of CO2 and oxidation of water
(B) Oxidation of H2O and release of O2
(C) Reduction of CO2 oxidation of H2O and release of O2
(D) Reduction of CO2, oxidation of H2O and release of CO2
95) X-rays and γ-rays are able to destroy the living tissues by the process of:
96) The antibiotic penicillin is obtained from:
(C) Sea weeds
97) Which of the following has been found useful in keeping the cholesterol level down?
(E) None of these
98) Which of the following scales was devised by Celsius?
99) Light energy is converted into chemical energy by:
100) Which of the following is used as a food preservative?
(A) Sodium benzoate
(B) Sodium perborate
(C) Citric acid
(D) None of the above