21) I would like to have the newspaper as soon as you ___ it.
(B) are finish
(C) will finish
(D) have finished
22) He was quite able ___ after himself.
(A) to looking
(B) for looking
(C) to look
(D) of looking
23) Her fears were first ___ when her son did not come here.
24) I ___ him for a long time.
(A) am not met
(B) did not meet
(C) do not meet
(D) have not meet
25) He ___ satisfactory progress in the school.
(B) has made
(C) had made
(D) is making
26) He was ___ a member of Assembly
27) That new law went into ___ last month.
28) The ___ from the mountain is dangerous.
29) The ___ of the rocket was so swift that it was out of sight in a few seconds.
30) Thermometer is a ___ to measure one's temperature.