11) Trees that block the view of oncoming traffic should be cut down.
12) The remnants of the Roman empire can be found in many countries in Asia, Europe and Africa.
(B) small pieces
13) Alex had a reputation for being a prudent businessman.
14) The successful use of antitoxins and serums has virtually eradicated threat of malaria, yellow fever and other insect-borne diseases.
15) it is difficult to discern the sample that is on the slide unless the microscope is adjusted.
16) The pact has been in effect for twenty years.
17) Relaxation therapy teaches one not to fret over small problems.
(A) worry about
(B) get angry about
(C) get involved in
(D) look for
18) If one aids and abets a criminal, he is also considered guilty of the crime.
19) Many doctors are still general practitioners, but the tendency is toward specialization in medicine.
20) The representatives of the company seemed very callous concerning the conditions of the workers.