11) Change in season is caused due to __________
(A) Revolution of earth
(B) Rotation of earth
(C) Inclination of earth
(D) None of these
12) Winds generally blow from areas of _________
(A) Low pressure to that of high pressure
(B) High pressure to that of low pressure
(C) High pressure to that of moderate pressure
(D) Low pressure to that of moderate pressure
13) Which of the following soils is best suited for deep rooted crops?
(A) Red soil
(B) Black soil
(C) Laterite soil
(D) Alluvial soil
14) The imaginary line on the earth's surface which closely follows the 180° meridian, is called __________
(A) International Date Line
(B) Tropic of Cancer
(D) Prime meridian
15) Which of the following countries has the largest area in the world?
16) Which of the following climatic types is said to be characterized by Three Eighties : 80°F of temperature, 80 percent of humidity and 80 inches of rainfall?
(A) Monsoon climate
(B) Equatorial climate
(C) Mediterranean climate
(D) Temperate climate
17) When it is 8 p.m in Tokyo, what is the time at Panama Canal which is located at 180°' W of it?
(A) 4.00 p.m
(B) 8.00 a.m
(C) 12.00 a.m
(D) 12.00 noon
18) Evergreen forests are found ________
(A) In the estuaries of great rivers
(B) In the Himalayas above 3,000 ft. elevation
(C) Where the rainfall is between 30° to 40°
(D) Where the rainfall is between 80° and 120°
19) Which of the following is a Kharif crop?
20) Hail storm occurs in summer season due to the formation of clouds called __________