1) The leading producer of silver is __________
(D) South Africa
2) The highest grade of coal whose surface is shining and has the highest calorific value , is __________
3) If a place is located at 20°N, 80°E, in which of the following continents does it lie?
(D) North America
4) Which one of the following is a Great Circle?
(A) The Arctic Circle
(B) The Tropic of Cancer
(C) The Equator
(D) The Tropic of Capricorn
5) Which of the following is the region of winter rainfall?
6) Availability of ample water is one of the important consideration in the location of ________
(A) Cotton textile industry
(B) Paper industry
(C) Electronic industry
(D) Automobile industry
7) Soil formed by deposition of slit brought by rivers is __________
(A) Alluvial soil
(B) Red soil
(C) Black soil
8) Which of the following statements about ozone layer is correct?
(A) It converts UV radiations into electrical energy
(B) It protects the earth's life forms by preventing the damaging UV radiations from reaching earth's surface
(C) It is of uniform thickness
(D) None of the above
9) High tides at antipodes are caused due to __________
(A) Gravitational pull of the moon and the sun
(B) Gravitational pull of the sun
(C) Centrifugal, centripetal and gravitational pull of the sun
(D) Centrifugal, centripetal and gravitational pull of the sun and the moon
10) Which of the following types of rainfall is typical of equatorial regions?
(D) None of these