31) The core of the earth is ________
(A) Of amorphous material
(B) A vacuum
32) The important country close to International Date Line is _________
(C) New Zealand
33) Which of the following towns is situated at the highest altitude?
(D) None of these
34) Winter rain in Kashmir is due to _________
(A) South-West monsoon
(B) Western disturbances
(C) North-East monsoon
(D) Local winds
35) Which is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere?
(A) 20th June
(B) 21st June
(C) 22nd December
(D) 23rd December
36) Equinox refers to _________
(A) The area near the Equator
(B) A kind of pox affecting horses
(C) Lines connecting points of equal altitude
(D) Two periods in the year when the days and nights are equal
37) The tide at its maximum height is known as _________
(B) Spring tide
(D) Neap tide
38) Where is the coldest place in the world situated?
39) Which place in the world has the least rainfall?
(C) Mt. Everest
40) The International Date Line is an imaginary line extending from pole to pole along the places on the earth's surface and lies along the
(A) 0° meridian
(B) 45° meridian
(C) 90° meridian
(D) 180° meridian