51) Who wrote Das Kapital, the book that gave birth to Communism?
(B) J S Mill
(C) Karl Marx
(D) David Ricardo
52) There is one particular country where the entire population is urban in character. Identify the country:
(D) Hong Kong
53) Who started the Law of Comparative Costs in the context of the theory of international trade?
(A) David Richardo
(B) Alfred Marshall
(C) F W Taussing
(D) A C Pigou
54) In which country did the Industrial Revolution first occur?
55) Which of the following bodies is an affiliate of the World Bank?
(A) Asian Development Bank
(B) International Monetary Fund
(C) International Development Association
(D) World Trade Organization
56) The World Bank normally gives:
(A) Short-term loans
(B) Medium-term loans
(C) Long-term loans
(D) Medium and long-term loans
57) When was the Uruguay Round of multilateral trade negotiations under the GATT launched?
(A) January 1986
(B) June 1986
(C) September 1986
(D) December 1986
58) Where are the headquarters of European Economic Community?
59) Which of the following organizations was brought into existence by the Treaty of Rome?
(A) Council of Mutual Economic Assistance
(B) European Free Trade Association
(C) European Economic Community
(D) Council of Europe
60) Which one of the following is an example of quasi-money or near money?
(A) Bills of exchange
(C) Bank notes