11) FORTRAN, a computer programming language is mainly used for
(A) Business applications
(B) Scientific Research
(C) Word Processing
12) The internet is
(A) The inter-state network of the power grid
(B) Computer based databank and communication highway
(C) Complex instruction set
(D) None of these
13) The fastest type of computer memory is
(C) Hard Disk
14) 1 nibble contains
(A) 8 bits
(B) 6 bits
(C) 4 bits
(D) 16 bits
15) Which of the following computers was the first to use the concept of stored programs?
(A) Mark I
16) Which company was the first to distribute mouse as a standard component with personal computers?
(A) Apple Computer
17) The most common protocol used in WAN is
18) Intel is the largest manufacturer of microprocessor. What does the name "Intel" stands for?
(A) International Electricals
(B) International Electronics
(C) Integrated Electronics
(D) Integrated Electricals
19) Computing power is measured in MIPS What does the letters in it stand for?
(A) Million Integrated Circuits per Square inch
(B) Mega Instructions per Second
(C) Million Instructions per Second
(D) Minimum Instructions per second
20) A network that covers small geographic area is called