151) In an atomic explosion, enormous energy is released which is due to the:
(A) Conversion of neutrons into protons
(B) Conversion of chemical energy into heat energy
(C) Conversion of chemical energy into nuclear energy
(D) Conversion of mass into energy
152) Optic fibers are mainly used for which of the following?
(C) Musical instruments
(D) Food Industry
153) Which of the following take place when the subject speaks untruth while being tested by the polygraph instrument?
1. His blood pressure goes up.
2. His pulse quickens.
3. His skin darkens.
4. He Sneezes
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 1, 2 and 3
(D) 2 and 3
154) The following processes take place during the launching of a rocket.
1. Rocket fuel is burnt.
2. Gases are produced.
3. Rocket moves in the forward direction.
4 Gases come out with momentum in the backward direction.
The correct sequential order in which the above processes occur, is
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4
(B) 1, 3, 2, 4
(C) 1, 2, 4, 3
(D) 1, 3 4, 2
155) Aviation fuel for jet aeroplanes consists of purified:
156) A silver spoon and a book are both at room temperature. The spoon feels colder to the touch because.
(A) Of an illusory effect
(B) Silver is an almost pure material
(C) Silver is a very good heat conductor
(D) It is made of a denser material
157) A liquid rises in a syringe when its piston is pulled up because
(A) Of the property of surface tension
(B) Of capillary action
(C) Of the action of atmospheric pressure
(D) There is a force of cohesion between the liquid molecules and the glass syringe
158) A small weight is put on the pressure cooker, it increases the pressure of the steam because
(A) The weight is proportionate to the steam required
(B) Area of contact is small
(C) The weight stops the steam from escaping
(D) Of Bernoulli's principle
159) When an electric bulb breaks, there is a mild bang due to
(A) The chemical reaction between the enclosed gases
(B) The compressed gases rushing out suddenly
(C) The air rushing in to fill the evacuated space
(D) None of the above
160) Kinetic energy depends
(A) On the mass of the moving body
(B) The velocity or speed of the moving body
(C) Pressure of the moving body
(D) Both mass and velocity of the moving body